There are many reasons not to give babies soya based infant formulas. I have highlighted a 5 of them below.
- Soya formula is processed more than cow’s milk formula. The more refined & processed a substance, the lower the nutrients it contains.
- Isoflavones- which have plant based components that have weak osteogenic effects, we do not know the long term safety of these in adults, let alone for babies and infants.
- GM ingredients and other toxic chemicals that the babies immature and developing organs and digestive system cannot process effectively.
- Glucose- soya formulas can be high in glucose and other sugars that can damage an infants’ teeth than the lactose in breast milk.
- Artificial Sweeteners- some brand contain artificial sweeteners like Aspartame, Nutrasweet, Candarel, Sucralose and Splenda, which makes them even sweeter and programmes a ‘sweet tooth’ for them. Aahh not ideal!